HP ProLiant Ubuntu Server download
Welcome to HP customers
Thank you for choosing Ubuntu and purchasing your support from HP. This page is where you can download your Ubuntu Server software and learn more how Ubuntu can work for you.
Download Ubuntu Server
* Please note 12.04 LTS is the HP supported version.
Ubuntu Server — for scale out computing
The leading platform for scale out, Ubuntu helps you make the most of your HP infrastructure. Whether you want to deploy a cloud, a Hadoop cluster or a web farm, Ubuntu Server delivers the best value scale out performance available.
HP and Canonical have certified a range of Proliant servers to work with Ubuntu.
Key Features of Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS is a long-term support release, with support guaranteed until April 2017
- Ubuntu Cloud is central to Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS
- OpenStack has been integrated as the default cloud infrastructure technology for Ubuntu Cloud.
- Juju Ubuntu's time-saving service orchestration tool, Juju, uses charms encapsulating devops best practice to deploy cloud services in seconds.
- Metal as a Service Metal as a Service (MAAS) makes it quick and easy to set up the physical hardware base on which to deploy Ubuntu Cloud Infrastructure.
- LXC (Linux Container) is a virtualisation technology that uses container techniques to allow multiple user space operating systems to share the same kernel resources.