Competition time! Calling all developers – how well does your app converge across devices?
We have a new competition to inspire you in making your app convergent. With our SDK AdaptivePageLayout component we’ve made it easy for you to write apps with one code base that can run across devices. Beautifully convergent apps across Phone, Tablet, and Desktop make us happy!
Why does it matter?
Converged apps are the future! Less time can be spent coding different apps with more focus on user experience. For users this means greater productivity having a single device that can easily switch displays. Take email, you could go from drafting one on your phone whilst commuting, to finish composing by plugging your phone into your screen & keyboard, without reliance on the cloud. And this is just one use case!
Interested in entering? Here’s how..
Create an app or enhance an existing one that beautifully converges across devices. We’re looking for a seamless app experience across phone, tablet, desktop and back again. And here’s how:
- Use the latest SDK (15.04.4) to build here
- Most importantly, use the AdaptivePageLayout component
- For submission, head to the App store
- Let us know you’ve entered by tweeting the name of your app and hashtag #ConvergeMePlease – super important otherwise we won’t know!
This is open to developers that have already submitted an app or new app submissions!
And now, drum roll please…the prizes!
- First prize: Aquarius M10 Ubuntu Edition tablet, Bluetooth speaker and the winning app will be highlighted on the App store
- Second prize: Aquarius M10 Ubuntu Edition tablet and Bluetooth speakers
- Third prize: Aquarius M10 Ubuntu Edition tablet
- Fourth and Fifth prize: Ubuntu Core on Raspberry Pi
- Competition opens: Wednesday 1st June 17:00 and closes Friday 29th July 17:00
- Winners will be announced on Thursday 4th August
- Our design team will be the judging the competition and will be looking out for the apps that have used the best convergence apps using the AdaptivePageLayout !
- In addition, other nice to haves (that aren’t mandatory to win) include use of Page Stack, Header and Bottom edge.
Best of luck and we can’t wait to see your entries! Happy converging folks.
Terms & Conditions: Converged App Competition