This is the Ubuntu Kernel Team highlights and status for the week.
If you would like to reach the kernel team, you can find us at the #ubuntu-kernel channel on FreeNode. Alternatively, you can mail the Ubuntu Kernel Team mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add virtualbox guest driver to artful 4.13 kernel
- Start work on 4.12-based raspi2 kernel for artful
- Added aufs driver to 4.13 artful kernel
- Update 4.12 artful kernel to v4.12.5
- Rebase 4.13 artful kernel to v4.13-rc4
- Upload 4.11.0-12.18 to artful-proposed
- Stress-ng 0.08.10 released; improvements on the dirdeep stressor and fixes on the job script parsing
- intel-cmt-cat 1.1.0 released; (Intel Platform Quality of Service and Cache Allocation Technology tools)
The following SRU kernels have been promoted to -updates and -security:
Development Kernel Announcements
We intend to target a 4.13 kernel for the Ubuntu 17.10 release. The artful kernel is now based on Linux 4.11. The Ubuntu 17.10 Kernel Freeze is Thurs Oct 5, 2017.
Stable Kernel Announcements
Current cycle: 04-Aug through 26-Aug
04-Aug Last day for kernel commits for this cycle.
07-Aug - 12-Aug Kernel prep week.
13-Aug - 25-Aug Bug verification & Regression testing.
28-Aug Release to -updates.
Next cycle: 25-Aug through 16-Sep
25-Aug Last day for kernel commits for this cycle.
28-Aug - 02-Sep Kernel prep week.
03-Sep - 15-Sep Bug verification & Regression testing.
18-Sep Release to -updates.
The current CVE status