This week has been split between some upcoming feature work (infiniband and clustering), helping some new contributors get started with contributing to LXD and doing a lot of backports to the stable branches.
Our stable branch backlog is now empty on all 3 projects and @brauner is now handling this for LXC with @stgraber handling the stable branches of LXD and LXCFS.
Following the PPA deprecation warning we issued last week, we’ve also been busy with dealing with a number of issues related to the snap package as more users upgrade to it.
On the LXC side of things, we got quite a few contributions to various part of the code, which we’ve reviewed and merged.
Upcoming conferences and events
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- No change to report this week
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Fixed a number of runtime warnings related to os-release.
- Included some required ebtables modules.
- Updated a number of scripts to use /snap/lxd/current rather than the versioned path, fixing a number of issues on upgrade.
- Fixed cgroup handling for systems that have cgroupv2.