And we’re back from the holidays!
This “weekly” summary is covering everything that happened the past 3 weeks.
The big highlight was the release of LXD 2.21 on the 19th of December.
During the holidays, we merged quite a number of bugfixes and smaller features in LXC and LXD with the bigger feature development only resuming now.
The end of year was also the deadline for our users to migrate off of the LXD PPAs.
Those have now been fully deleted and users looking for newer builds of LXD should use the official basckport packages or the LXD snap.
Upcoming conferences and events
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Uploaded LXD 2.21 to Ubuntu 18.04.
- Backported LXD 2.21 to Ubuntu 16.04, 17.04 and 17.10.
- Uploaded some bugfixes on top of LXD 2.21 to Ubuntu 18.04 and backported to 16.04, 17.04 and 17.10.
- Updated to LXD 2.21
- Fixed a bug related to LD_LIBRARY_PATH handling on Debian
- Cherry-picked a number of upstream bugfixes