A lot happened this past week. @brauner is making great progress cleaning everything up in liblxc and related projects ahead of the 3.0 release, @freeekanayaka has been sorting out the last few missing bits for LXD clustering and @monstermunchkin has been busy working on our new distrobuilder tool!
On top of all that, we’ve landed a variety of smaller features in LXD based on past user requests. This includes support for retrieving symlinks, setting a custom gateway IP address on a LXD network, retrieving the list of DHCP leases through the API, a new subcommand to manage client aliases, a new subcommand to override a device coming through a profile and an option to get prettier log output through
We’ve also fixed numerous issues and done a number of tweaks to our snap package.
At the request of some users, we’re now including nano as an alternative to vim.
Image updates now benefit from delta transfers and we’ve added a number of new debug subcommands and other small improvements.
The recordings of all our talks at FOSDEM 2018 are also available online now so you may want to check that out!
Upcoming conferences and events
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- LXD 2.21-0ubuntu3 was backported to Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 17.10.
- Added support for older resolvconf DNS setups
- Fixed ZFS build on ppc64el
- Improved checks for running LXD processes
- Moved our built-in vim copy to its own part
- Added nano as an alternative editor
- Added support for /var/lib/lxd being a mount (in lxd.migrate)
- Bumped Go to 1.9.4
- Made it possible to override the
lxc binary with a debug binary
- Added xdelta3 to the snap
- Added sqlite3 to the snap with a lxd.database subcommand
- Fixed lxd.check-kernel
- Tweaked permissions on the LXD daemon directory
- Improved the kmod wrapper
- Fixed ZFS version detection for those having it built into their kernels